28 International Folkore Festival
The 28 International Folk Festival will be held from 28 July to 1 August, 2019 in the city of Varna, Bulgaria.
1. Ensembles performing traditional dances and dances
arranged for stage may apply for the following two
• Youth Ensembles over 16 years old;
• Adults’ Ensembles.
2. The ensembles wishing to participate in the 28 International Folk Festival – Varna 2019 should send a letter in English expressing their wish to participate in the Festival not later than 28 February 2019 to the address:
International Folk Festival
43, Osmi Primorski Polk blvd
tel. (++359/ 52) 820-667
3. The candidates should send either with their letters or up to 28 February 2019 the following materials:
• short CV of the ensemble in English
(maximum 1000 symbols, including blanks);
• high quality colour pictures or slides of the ensemble
for the catalogue (CMYK, 300dpi resolution; properties -
dimension Heigh min 15 cm; formats - TIFF, EPS, JPG,
• recent video recordings (DVD, format as AVI, MPEG4,
DIVX) with ensemble’s performance not shorter than 15
• short film on DVD up to 5 min. about participant’s
country and city.
4.The Organizing Committee covers the expenses of the ensembles for their stay in Varna during the festival period from 12:00 midday on July 28, 2019 to 10:00 a.m. on Augus 2, 2019.
5. The number of participants is not to be
over 25 persons, including accompanying people and drivers
(if the group travels by bus). Groups over 25 persons will
not be admitted.
6. The travelling expenses to and from
Varna are to be the responsibility of the participants
7. In the beginning of April 2019 the Organizing Committee will send official invitations to the ensembles, approved for participation in the festival.
8. The ensembles are expected to be ready to
take part in the Festival programmes with:
• two different performances
respectively for the Opening and Closing ceremonies up
to 7 min.;
• fragment performances for the processions 3-5 min.;
• block performance lasting 20 minutes;
• performance 30-40 minutes.
Note: The Organizing Committee
will consider only the candidatures of those ensembles who
have sent the above required promotional materials in due